SMPS Conn. MCA awards & blue carpet gala - May 17
May 17, 2017 at 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM Pond House Cafe 1555 Asylum Avenue West Hartford, CT 06117 Prepare yourself for the marketing event of the year! Join SMPS Connecticut as we recognize excellence in marketing communications by professional services firms in the AEC industry for their exemplary marketing projects, campaigns and materials. Submitting an Entry Entering is as easy as 1, 2, 3!
- Review the award categories and submittal requirements to learn how to prepare your entry.
- Register your entry. *Please note that our electronic intake form is for SMPS CT tracking purposes and entry registration. Judges will be judging on the contents of your mailed entry packet!
- Send us your entry packet in the mail so our expert jury panel can view and judge your entry on Judging Day. Be sure to include your entry form and payment or payment receipt.
*Entry deadline is Friday, April 7, 2017, at 11:59 PM If you have questions about submitting take a look at the MCA FAQ sheet. Benefits of participating in the Marketing Communication Awards Blue Carpet Gala include:
- Exposure to potential clients and media
- Feedback on your firm’s marketing projects
- Inspiration for future campaigns
- Opportunity to showcase your firm’s marketing successes
*Winning firms will receive 1 free registration. Not submitting an Entry Not planning on submitting an entry? Don’t worry, this won’t be your typical awards ceremony. SMPS members and non-members alike are encouraged to dress to impress, walk the blue carpet and enjoy a night of awards, dinner, and dancing! In addition to the MCA entry awards, we will honor 3 non-entry awards that night: the Grace Waldvogel Member of the Year and 2 superlative awards. Benefits of attending the Marketing Communications Awards Blue Carpet Gala include:
- Exposure to potential clients and media
- Learn about marketing projects submitted by your peers
- Find inspiration for future campaigns for your own firm
- Dress to impress and get your picture taken on the blue carpet
- Enjoy the opportunity to unwind with an open bar cocktail hour and dancing
Superlative Awards In addition to the awards given for the Marketing Communications Project entries, we also plan to award 3 individuals for their contributions to the chapter and/or A/E/C industry.
- Grace Waldvogel Member of the Year - awarded to an SMPS member that has gone above and beyond for the Chapter within the 2016-2017 year.
- Trail Blazer Award - awarded to an up-in-coming Marketer/Business Development Professional who shows great promise for the A/E/C industry and possesses a positive attitude.
- SMPS CT Lifetime Achievement Award - awarded to a seasoned Marketing/Business Development Professional that has made endless contributions to the Marketing/BD profession within the A/E/C industry, and has also acted as an advisor for the chapter.
Winners of the Superlative Awards are voted on by the SMPS CT Board. Event Details: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM – Registration, Blue Carpet Photo Ops and Open Bar Cocktail Hour 6:30 PM to 7:15 PM – Dinner 7:15 PM to 7:45 PM – Awards Ceremony 7:45 PM to 10:30 PM – Cash Bar, More Blue Carpet Photo Ops, Dancing, and Networking Location: The Pond House Café, 1555 Asylum Ave., West Hartford, CT Free onsite parking is available. Registration: Please register by May 12, 2017
- SMPS CT Members: $75
- Non-members: $75
- Past SMPS CT Presidents: Free
- ½ table: $350 (Save $25 by booking 5 registrations at once – perfect for winning firms)
- Full table: $700 (Save $50 by booking 10 registrations at once – perfect for winning firms)
Late registrations and walk-ins cannot be accommodated for this event. Cancellations must be made 48 hours in advance to receive a refund. No shows are responsible for payment in full. Past SMPS CT Presidents will be charged the full registration amount. Meal Choices:
- Dijon Mustard Roasted Chicken Breast - served with wild mushroom risotto, sauteed brussel sprouts with dried plums and dijon mustard with a dried plum demi
- Braised Short Rib – served over garlic mashed potatoes, roasted root vegetables, and veal demi
*Vegetarian option available upon request