Advanced Conceptual Estimating - March 28
Advanced Conceptual Estimating
Wednesday, March 28, 2018 from 8:00 AM until 12 NOON
Construction Institute, 260 Girard Ave., Hartford, Conn.
For information contact Laura Eldredge, email@example.com, or call 860-768-5869
This is a 4-hour, hands-on workshop in estimating, concentrating on conceptual estimating to establish a preliminary budget for a project. CEUs: Course attendees are eligible to receive 0.4 Continuing Education Units, 4 Professional Development Hours, 4 CCM Renewal Points or 4 AIA Continuing Education Learning Units.
Why do project budgets fall short - what are the pitfalls to establishing a project budget?
This is a "hands-on" advanced workshop in estimating, concentrating on conceptual estimating to establish a preliminary budget for a project.
NOTE: This workshop is hands-on, and in-person attendance is required.
- To cover specific questions that need to be answered in the early stages of project development.
- Development of a project budget.
- Discussion of design fees, professional services, land acquisition, and other components.
- Discuss how to modify project costs from one geographical location to another, and at a time in the past to the present.
Instructor Bio: Lewis Finkel, F.C.P.E. is a Certified Professional Estimator with over 40 years construction experience. Prior to founding Professional Construction Services, Inc. he served with three General Contractors, a Developer and a Design Build Contracting/Engineering firm. In 1970, Mr. Finkel graduated from Drexel University with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering with a Construction Management Major.
- He has estimated billions of dollars in Construction Projects and has had full responsibility for the estimates from solicitation of subcontractors through delivery of bids on bid day.
- He has scheduled many projects from small residential projects through multimillion dollar projects.
- He has been responsible for all construction purchasing at his various companies.
- He has been responsible for designing real estate pro-formas for developing projects.
- He has been responsible for site supervision on overall construction operations for condominiums, office buildings, laboratories and other buildings.
- He is a member of the American Society of Professional Estimators, and is a Past National President.
- He is a member of the Construction Institute of Connecticut and serves on both the Finance and Education Committees.
- He teaches Estimating of Buildings and Heavy and Highway projects at Central Connecticut State University.
Cost: Members: $165 / Non-Members: $225
Members, please login prior to registering to receive the member discount.
Continuing Educational Credit: Construction Institute is an AIA Registered Provider, CCM Recertification Point Provider and NYS approved sponsor of CE - NYS sponsor # 9040.
Course attendees are eligible to receive 0.4 Continuing Education Units, 4 CCM Renewal Points, 4 Professional Development Hours and/or 4 AIA Continuing Education Learning Units, verified through certificates of attendance, which are sent to participants after completion of workshop and assessment.
Course attendees wishing to receive AIA Continuing Education Learning Units and/or CCM Renewal Points should check in at the sign-in desk and fill out the appropriate attendance form(s) to receive credit.