Boston, MA CBRE/New England took home 11 Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) awards, which were presented at the annual 2017 BOMA Boston’s The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY) and Industry Awards Ceremony which was hosted by Taurus Management Services’ Jim DerMinasian, president of BOMA Boston.
“We would like to thank all the nominees and award winners for their tireless efforts in submitting their properties for consideration and to thank all of those who participated in the BOMA judging process,” said Mark Tassinari, executive vice president/partner and head of CBRE/NE’s asset services division.
CBRE/NE was honored with seven TOBY awards for individual properties under the firm’s management; honors included:
• One Boston Place, a TH Real Estate/Ivanhoé Cambridge asset, for the 500,000 - 1 million s/f category;
• 25 Mall Rd., a PRIM 25 Mall Road, LLC asset in Burlington, for the 250,000 - 499,999 s/f category;
• Fifth Avenue @ City Point, an Anchor Line Partners/Northwood Investors asset in Waltham, for the Suburban Office Park Mid-Rise category;
• 101 Seaport Blvd., a Union Investment Real Estate GmbH asset in the city, for the Earth Award category;
• 800 Huntington Ave., a LaSalle Investment Management asset, for the Medical Office Building category;
• Riverfront Office Park, a Deutsche Asset Management asset in Cambridge, for the Renovated Building category; and
• Riverway Plaza, a CBRE Global Investors asset in Weymouth, for the Retail Building category.
Three of CBRE/NE’s property managers were recognized as “Property Manager of the Year” in their respective building divisions. Clayton Wentworth, general manager at 281 Summer St., 321 Summer St., and One & 101 Main St. in Cambridge, received the award in the High-Rise category.
Nicole Townsend, property manager at Cross Point received the award in the Suburban category.
Cynthia Taylor, senior property manager at Concord Road Corporate Center and 250 Apollo Dr. received the award in the Low-Rise category.
Sean Hanson, engineering manager, received the “Engineer of the Year” award.
More than 600 real estate professionals attended the event, including property management teams, owners and companies who provide services to the industry.
Buildings that won local TOBY awards will move onto the Middle-Atlantic Conference (MAC) regional competition, which will be held in Buffalo, New York in May 2018. Winners from the MAC will move onto the international competition at the 2018 BOMA International Conference & Expo in Nashville, Tennessee in June 2018. This year marks the 31st anniversary of the awards.
In addition, Shawn Carroll, Vice President/General Manager/Partner has been selected to join the Executive Board of BOMA Boston and will serve as Secretary in 2018.
For more information about BOMA Boston and the 2017 BOMA Boston TOBY Awards, please visit the BOMA Boston website at www.bomaboston.org.
CB Richard Ellis – N.E. Partners, LP, a joint venture with CBRE Group, Inc. has offices in Massachusetts, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Maine and New Hampshire. CBRE Group, Inc., a Fortune 500 and S&P 500 company headquartered in Los Angeles, is the world’s largest commercial real estate services and investment firm (based on 2016 revenue). The company has more than 75,000 employees (excluding affiliates), and serves real estate investors and occupiers through approximately 450 offices (excluding affiliates) worldwide. CBRE offers a broad range of integrated services, including facilities, transaction and project management; property management; investment management; appraisal and valuation; property leasing; strategic consulting; property sales; mortgage services and development services.