Hartford, CT The Connecticut Building Congress (CBC) has named the winners of the 2018 Project Team Awards (PTA). Each year, CBC recognizes projects whose team members have met or surpassed goals and achieved higher project quality through this close collaboration.
Join CBC for the Awards Banquet to be held on June 12. One of the winners listed below will be named the Project Team of the Year at the event. CBC also will award several scholarships to graduating high school seniors who will be attending a two or four-year college next fall to study a field within the A/E/C industry.
Details to attend and show your support through a sponsorship/program book ad and attendance at the banquet are available on the CBC website.
Congratulations to the teams on the following projects:
First: Engineering & Science University Magnet School, New Haven.
Merit: Orville H. Platt High School Additions and Renovations, Meriden.
First: St. Paul Church Campus Green & Prayer Garden, Kensington;
Merit: Meriden Green, Meriden.
First: Henkel Laundry & Beauty Care Pilot Plant, Trumbull.
Merit: Marion Peckham Egan School of Nursing and Health Studies, Fairfield University, Fairfield.
First: Litchfield Judicial District Courthouse, Litchfield.
Merit: Ronald McDonald House of Connecticut, New Haven.
First: Carroll Building, Waterbury.
Merit: University of Hartford Gengras Student Union Addition and Renovations, West Hartford.
First: Rehabilitation of Bridge No. 04326, Route 175 Over AMTRAK, Newington.
Special thanks to the judges:
• Sam Carbone, senior development manager (Americas), Real Estate & Infrastructure Dept., Abu Dhabi Investment Authority, United Arab Emirates
• Craig Galati, AIA, principal, LGA, Inc., Las Vegas, NV
• Namhun Lee, Ph.D., CM-BIM, Associate professor, Central Connecticut State University, New Britain, CT.
Join in celebrating project collaboration and excellence in Connecticut, Tuesday, June 12 at the Bond Ballrooom, 338 Asylum St. Complimentary parking is located behind the hotel. Registration:
• 5:30 - 6:30 p.m. Registration; Networking; Light Appetizers & Open Bar
• 6:30 - 7:15 p.m. Salad course; CBC Business Meeting; Scholarship Awards Ceremony
• 7:15 - 8:00 p.m. Dinner; Project Team Awards Program
8:00 - 8:30 p.m. Dessert Buffet; Extra Networking; Closing Remarks.