Boston, MA The Real Estate Finance Association (REFA) has announced its board of directors for 2018. Paul Ayoub, partner, Nutter, McClennen & Fish LLP, will serve as the 2018 REFA president, alongside 2018 president-elect Travis D’Amato, managing director - capital markets, JLL.
Ayoub has 30 years of experience in representing clients in the financing and development of commercial real estate projects. He also advises clients in the areas of regulatory enforcement and compliance. Ayoub has extensive experience representing local and national lending institutions, as well as private lenders in construction, permanent and mezzanine loans throughout the country. He also has vast experience representing lenders in complex debt reorganizations.
In addition, Ayoub represents developers in the acquisition, sale, permitting, leasing and development of all property types. He has appeared before numerous municipal permitting boards throughout the Commonwealth, as well as many state agencies in connection with a wide range of development projects.
Ayoub’s leadership role at REFA is in keeping with his longstanding commitment to industry, the city’s business community, and community service. He is vice-chair and on the executive committee of the board of directors of the Greater Boston Chamber of Commerce, for which he is general counsel as well as co-chair of the regional real estate development leadership council. Additionally, he is a member of the Board of Incorporators of the Boston Local Development Corp. and chairs the building committee of the Board of Trustees of Noble and Greenough School in Dedham, Mass.
Ayoub is also the immediate past chair of the national board of directors of ALSAC, the fundraising and awareness organization for St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital. He is a graduate of Brown University, magna cum laude, and Boston College Law School, where he was editor-in chief of the Boston College International and Comparative Law Review. He is recognized in Best Lawyers in America and Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers in Business.
REFA has also announced 6 new members who will join the board of directors:
• Jordanna Ferreira, CEO and chief compliance officer, The Davis Companies;
• Kathryn Kargman Holden, vice president, First Realty Management;
• Chris Legocki, development associate, Skanska;
• Doug MacLean, senior vice president, Berkshire Bank;
• Kristin Reardon, chief administrative officer, The Bulfinch Companies; and
• Amanda Strong, director – asset management, MITIMCo.
The following will continue to serve on the board for 2018:
• Paul Ayoub, Nutter McClennen & Fish LLP;
• Steven Bonelli, Samuels & Associates;
• Peter Brockelman, TD Bank;
• Robert Brown, Brookline Bank;
• Nilesh Bubna, Longpoint Realty Partners;
• Cristen Conkling, AEW Capital Management;
• John Conley, Equity Office Properties;
• Sam Crossan, CBRE | New England;
• Travis D’Amato, JLL;
• Bill Flynn, Net Lease Capital Advisors;
• Natalie Herald, Fidelity Investments;
• Michael Hussey, US Bank;
• Paul Jakubowski, WilmerHale;
• Sarah Lagosh, Eastdil Secured;
• Israel Lopez, The Gutierrez Company;
• Naomi Mayeux, National Development;
• Billy McArdle, Capital One Bank;
• Paul Nasser, Intercontinental Real Estate Corp.;
• Doug Novitch, Wells Fargo Bank;
• Lauren O’Neil, HFF;
• Claudia Piper, Webster Bank;
• Sean Randall, Citizens Bank;
• Max Ricciuti, Spaulding & Slye Investments;
• John Roach, PNC Bank;
• Andrew Rosen, Bank of America Merrill Lynch;
• Ross Sabasteanski, Wells Fargo Bank;
• Jonathan Schneider, JLL; and
• Mike Zabowsky, Nutter McClennen & Fish LLP.
We hope you can join REFA in 2018 for some quality networking and educational programs, starting with our Annual Forecasting Luncheon on January 24. This signature REFA luncheon will be held at WilmerHale, featuring industry leaders, including keynote speaker Hans Nordby, managing director, CoStar Group, moderator Paul Ayoub, partner, Nutter, McClennen & Fish LLP and speakers David Greaney, president, Synergy Investments and Lauren O’Neil, senior managing director, HFF.
To learn more about REFA, including membership, events, and ways to get involved, please visit us at www.refa.org. Follow REFA on Twitter @REFABoston.
Who We Are:
Mission: REFA, a division of the Greater Boston Real Estate Board (GBREB), is a commercial real estate business association providing members with high quality networking and educational opportunities. REFA strives to maintain its reputation for excellence by promoting the exchange of information between professionals in the real estate finance community, and fostering a platform for growth and development for its Emerging Leader membership.
What We Do:
Real estate professionals from a variety of institutions join REFA to network and exchange ideas through educational programs, networking events and committee participation. From forums featuring senior level executives to the Annual Gala, REFA programs are well attended with leaders from the industry and provide excellent opportunities for industry updates and networking. Formed in 1988, REFA currently has over 600 members, 91 corporate sponsors, and hosts over 30 educational and networking events per year. REFA has built a strong emerging leaders program with a membership of over 250 members.