Portland, ME The Maine Real Estate & Development Association (MEREDA), the state’s leading organization for commercial real estate, has selected the top 10 real estate developments in Maine in 2016, and presented awards to each at its conference on May 18.
“The MEREDA board of directors has selected exemplary projects from across the state, completed in 2016, which not only embody MEREDA’s belief in responsible real estate development, but also exemplify best practices in the industry, contributing to excellent jobs, increased tax revenues and Maine’s prominence as a lifestyle and vacation powerhouse,” said Paul Peck, MEREDA board president and attorney at Drummond & Drummond.
Each of the 10 projects was selected based upon criteria including environmental sustainability, economic impact, energy efficiency, social impact and job creation.
The recipients include:
• Risbara Properties, LLC, for Blue Spruce Farm Apartments, Waterside Apartments and Island View Apartments, all in Westbrook
• Forefront Partners, for Brick North at Thompson’s Point in Portland
• Anew Development’s Meetinghouse Lofts Condominiums in South Portland
• Southern Maine Affordable Housing and Biddeford Housing for their collaborative effort at Mission Hill in Biddeford
• Sebasticook River Partners’ Sebasticook River Apartments in Newport
• Avesta Housing’s Ridgewood at Village Square in Gorham
• The Szanton Company for The Lofts at Saco Falls in Biddeford
• Community Housing of Maine’s Village Centre in Brewer
• Priority Real Estate Group’s Wayfair at Brunswick Landing
• Avesta Housing for the Young Street Apartments in South Berwick