Boston, MA The Real Estate Finance Association (REFA) hosted its second education program of the year: MBA Recap & Boston’s Lending Environment on Wednesday, March 8th at Atlantic Wharf, 290 Congress St. Heather Brown, executive vice president of capital markets, CBRE, moderated the program with Emily Boynton Rush, senior managing director, SVB Private; Sean Gonick, vice president, State Street; Kory Klebanoff, managing director, ACORE Capital; and Jared Zatloukal, managing director, Principal Asset Management. The program was based on the Mortgage Banker’s Association, which held its annual conference in mid-February, bringing together lenders, investors and mortgage bankers from around the country to discuss goals and expectations for 2023. The speakers dove into each of their different capital sources and provided key takeaways from the conference and what lender sentiment means for Boston this year.
GBREB’s Installation of 2022 officers & division presidents was on March 20th. The installation took place at One Beacon St., The UMass Club. Members from BOMA, CBA, GBAR, MAA, and REFA all joined to welcome and celebrate the following:
• Chair - Kate Franco, Claremont Companies LLC;
• Chair Elect - Michael Edward, Perry CRE;
• Treasurer - William Tanski, Jr., Outlook Capital Partners; and
• Assist. Treasurer/Clerk - Dino Confalone, Gibson Sotheby’s International Realty.
• BOMA Boston - Jennifer Twombly, Rockhill Management, LLC;
• CBA - Alison Powers, JLL;
• GBAR - Alison Socha, Leading Edge Real Estate;
• MAA - Jessica Buonopane, National Development; and
• REFA - Nilesh Bubna, Longpoint Realty Partners.
REFA would like to congratulate immediate past president, Lauren O’Neil, COO, AEW Capital Management for being honored by the Boston Real Estate Times as an Outstanding Woman of 2023! To see the full list of honorees, visit the website.
REFA’s numerous committees have been busy planning events for the year. The Golf Committee held its first meeting in March in preparation for the Annual Charitable Golf and Tennis Tournament this summer. The DEI Committee has an upcoming open discussion on the history of black banking given the recent focus on SVB and the stability of smaller banks in our communities. Our Emerging Leaders are well underway in their Mentor Program and planning upcoming educational and networking events, such as REFA’s Summer Panel.
Please save the date for the following Annual REFA Events:
• REFA Charitable Golf & Tennis Tournament, Monday, July 17th at Dedham Country & Polo Club
• REFA Summer Panel, Wednesday, August 2- - Location: TBD
• REFA Gala, Wednesday, October 4th at Omni Boston Hotel at the Seaport.
To learn more about REFA, including membership, events, and ways to get involved, please visit www.refa.org. Follow REFA’s LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram @REFABoston.