While no two communities are alike, the issues they deal with are surprisingly similar. Community Associations Institute (CAI) and the New England Chapter (CAI-NE) have been the leaders in providing proven education and resources for community associations in the chapter states of Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont. Advocating and providing for better living through common interest ownership communities,CAI is an international, not for profit 501(c)6 member organization created in 1973 to educate and represent America’s residential community associations and related professionals and service providers. According to the National and State Statistical Review for 2016 published by the Foundation for Community Association Research, it is estimated that there are more than 69 million residents living in 347,000 community associations in the U.S.
With chapters worldwide offering services and programs to members, the CAI-NE, with offices in Wellesley, Mass., is one of the largest chapters in the country. With hundreds of chapter volunteer leaders from around New England working in conjunction with professional staff, CAI-NE brings to New England association volunteer leaders, homeowners, industry professionals and providers of association products and services a variety of member benefits including a monthly chapter magazine Condo Media, educational seminars and webinars, networking events, publications and other resources designed specifically to address the unique challenges facing New England communities.
The CAI New England Chapter announces the following 2018 chapter leadership team:
2018 CAI-NE Board Members and Officers
• President: Peter Westhaver, CMCA, AMS, PCAM - Barkan Management Company, Inc.
• President-elect: Nick Boit, CMCA, AMS - Brigs, LLC, AAMC
• Vice President: Ed Allcock, Esq., CCAL - Marcus, Errico, Emmer & Brooks, P.C.
• Treasurer: Kerry Augustine, CMCA, AMS, PCAM - Mercantile Property Management Corp., AAMC
• Clerk: Tony Chiarelli - Landmark Associates General Contracting, Inc.
• Director: Andy Costa - Costa Property Management
• Director: John Kadim, CMCA, AMS - Thayer & Associates, Inc.
• Director: Bob Keegan, CMCA, AMS, PCAM - Dirigo Management Company
• Director: Tom Moriarty, Esq., CCAL - Moriarty Troyer & Malloy, LLC
• Director: Andrew Robinson - Brickworks Condominium Trust
• Director: Paula Solemina - Pro-Care, Inc.
Hundreds of volunteers around New England support the ongoing mission of the chapter in providing relevant programming and chapter resources that offer guidance and address industry best practices for thousands of New England community associations and the professional managers that work with them. From educational seminars to social events, state and national legislative initiatives, as well as printed resources and publications, chapter committee members provide guidance and focus to expand and/or improve chapter benefits. The following volunteers have been appointed to chair CAI New England Chapter committees in the coming months:
• Scott Eriksen, Esq., Perkins & Anctil, P.C.
• Mary-Joy Howes, Esq., Goodman, Shapiro & Lombardi, LLC
• Ryan McGowan, Mercantile Property Management Corp., AAMC
Scott Wolf, CMCA, AMS, PCAM, BRIGS, LLC, AAMC
•Amanda Kelly, Perkins & Anctil, P.C.
• Will Thompson, Esq., Marcus, Errico, Emmer & Brooks, PC
• Tony Chiarelli, Landmark Associates
• Paula Solemina, Pro-Care, Inc.
Emerging Leaders Network
• Pamela Jonah, Esq., Marcus, Errico, Emmer & Brooks, PC
Past Presidents’ Committee
• Wes Blair, Brookline Bank
• Scott Wolf, CMCA, AMS, PCAM, BRIGS, LLC, AAMC
Seminar & Conference Committee
• Mark Einhorn, Esq., Marcus, Errico, Emmer & Brooks, PC
Maine Legislative Action Committee (MELAC)
• Bruce McGlauflin, Esq., Petruccelli, Martin & Haddow, LLP
Massachusetts Legislative Action Committee (MALAC)
• Matthew Gaines, Esq., Marcus, Errico, Emmer & Brooks, PC
New Hampshire Legislative Action Committee (NHLAC)
• Gary Daddario, Esq., CCAL, Winer & Bennett, LLP
Rhode Island Legislative Action Committee (RILAC)
• Ed Allcock, Esq., CCAL, Marcus, Errico, Emmer & Brooks, PC
• Frank Lombardi, Esq., CCAL, Goodman, Shapiro & Lombardi, LLC
Vermont Legislative Action Committee (VTLAC)
• David Boston, AMS,PCAM, TPW Management, LLC
Peter Westhaver is the 2018 president of CAI New England and vice president at Barkan Management Company, Boston, Mass.