According to Walsh Brothers, Harvard Business School (HBS) has selected the firm to perform construction management services for Klarman Hall, a significant new structure on the school's city campus.Tags:
Designed by William Rawn Associates, Klarman Hall will combine the elements of a large-scale convening center for business leaders and other professionals from around the world along with Harvard Business School Students and faculty. The 1,000 seat Hall will also feature state-of-the-art technology, enabling scholars and leaders around the world to participate in events and make connections.
HBS's Klarman Hall is just one of several highly technical and innovative projects Walsh Brothers has launched since the first of the year. Walsh Brothers has also been selected to renovate manufacturing research space for Proctor and Gamble's Gillette and expand a world-class Neonatal Unit at Brigham and Women's Hospital. Projects launched since the first of the year include:
* Construction management services for Harvard Business School's Klarman Hall
* Expansion and renovation of the Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Brigham and Women's Hospital
* Renovation of manufacturing research space for Proctor & Gamble/Gillette
* Renovation of Mass General Hospital's Founders Building Radiology Executive Administration Department
* FaÃ§ade restoration at Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research world headquarters building (formerly the landmark NECCO Building)
* Construction management services at McLean Hospital for laboratory renovations
* Harvard Medical School's TMEC teaching skills areas located on the 1st and 3rd Floors.
"The only way we could expand our NICU space was to add on to the side of the building, something we had never done before. Together with Walsh Brothers, we were able to successfully strategize to ensure both the City of Boston and Partners HealthCare the safety of the project, and not interfere with the care of our existing patients." said Vincent McDermott, vice president, finance & real estate, Brigham and Women's Health Care.
"Clients come to our firm when they face their most challenging building projects," said Richard Walsh, president and chief executive officer of Walsh Brothers, Incorporated. "When they must ensure no risk in a very high risk situation, our clients know they can rely on our proven ability as a master builder and innovator in solving the most difficult, or first-of-its-kind building challenges. Our clients are in the forefront of their industries and we are delighted they view us the same way."
Walsh Brothers, founded in 1901 and based in Boston, is a leading construction management firm well known for its work on complex, high-quality and sensitive building projects in a wide range of industries and specialties.