Boston, MA REFA virtually hosted its 33rd Annual REFA Gala on Tuesday, November 16th. This year’s Gala honored Bulfinch Companies, Inc. and WinnCompanies with the Swain Distinguished Service Award. 35 Sponsors and 200+ individuals tuned in to help recognize our honorees, support REFA, and reflect on another great year. The REFA Board of Directors and REFA Mentors and Mentees gathered for a viewing party in downtown Boston. The Gala viewing party also served as the 2021 Mentor Program wrap-up event. The 2022 REFA Mentor Program will begin again in January with a new class of participants.
REFA will be kicking off its 2022 programing in mid-January with a timely webinar on “Uncertainty in Construction: The Impact on Real Estate Development.” Tod McGrath, vice president, finance, Boston Properties will be moderating a discussion with three leading real estate experts currently navigating today’s development environment. Panelists will discuss their experiences and how their organizations are adapting to these unique headwinds while continuing to acquire, lend, develop, and lease.
As we wrap up another remarkable year for REFA, we look to some of its highlights:
• 700+ members, including 250+ emerging leaders, 100 corporate sponsors, and over 200 committee members
• 9 timely virtual education events and webinars featuring some of the industry’s most notable names
• Our second annual REFA College Connection with 100+ attendees from 22 colleges and universities all over the country
• An elevated focus on our commitment to DEI within REFA and the broader CRE industry, including ample support from our 41-person DEI committee. Check out our DEI Resource Page.
• A strong Mentor Program with a record 85 mentors and mentees.
REFA would like to thank all the speakers, members, and corporate sponsors for their help and support of our organization in 2021! We look forward to working together in 2022!