Fundamentals of Effective Business Communication in Writing for your World
BLENDED LEARNING SESSION
ONLINE TRAINING: Begins April 5, 2017
IN-PERSON SESSION: May 3, 2017
(4:00 - 5:30 P.M.
What is "Blended Learning"? Blended learning sessions (also known as hybrid or mixed-mode courses) are classes where a portion of the traditional face-to-face instruction is replaced by web-based online learning. This allows the participant to work through most of the training at their own pace, and according to their own schedule.
Every business and industry needs skilled writers to communicate effectively with both internal and external clients. This workshop will provide participants with practical tools and strategies for writers to perform their required writing tasks more accurately, effectively, and efficiently.
To maximize your learning experience, we are using a combination of online learning modules, real-world writing assignments and final face-to-face group session. Participants will gain practical, hands-on experience in writing that is specific to their individual needs. The online learning platform allows participants to work through the training modules according to their schedule … perfect for the busy professional!
- Understand the concept of audien
ce/reader and perform a simple reader analysis.
- Implement multiple strategies for adapting technical or expert information for audiences with less expertise.
- Recognize and effectively use appropriate formats and channels for communication within an organization.
- Revise written documents to produce clear, concise, readable prose.
- Use tools such as PowerPoint and computer generated graphics effectively for both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Beth Richards, director First- and Second-Year Writing Programs, University of Hartford. She is an assistant professor in the Department of English and Modern Languages at the University of Hartford, teaching first-year writing, grant and proposal writing, professional writing, and editing. Before coming to the University of Hartford she was a technical writer for engineering, medical equipment, nursing education, and audio manufacturing companies.
Training Details and Schedule
Workshop consists of 3 online modules with assessments and writing assignments, and an in-person final session. Participants should plan to spend approximately 90 minutes each week to complete each online training module and assignments.
Participants will earn a total of 6 contact hours for the entire workshop.
Training module 1: Can be completed anytime between 4/5/17 at NOON until 4/12/17 at 11:59PM
Training module 2: Can be completed anytime between 4/12/17 at NOON until 4/19/17 at 11:59PM
Training module 3: Can be completed anytime between 4/19/17 at NOON until 4/26/17 at 11:59PM
In-person final session: Wednesday, May 3, 2017, 4:00 PM - 5:30 PM
(LOCATION: Arcadis office, 213 Court St., Suite 700, Middletown, CT)
Participants will need
- To set up a Microsoft Office Mix account (this is free and can be set up using an existing Microsoft or Google email account, Facebook account or work email account). Instructions will be provided.
- Access to a device: Office Mix supports the latest version of all major browsers (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox and Safari) on desktops, laptops, Windows tablets and Apple® Macintosh® computers.
Members: $250/ Non-Members: $300
Members, please login prior to registering to receive the member discount.
Continuing Educational Credit
Construction Institute is an AIA Registered Provider and a CCM Recertification Point Provider.
Course attendees are eligible to receive 0.6 Continuing Education Units, 6 CCM Renewal Points, and/or 6 AIA Continuing Education Learning Units, verified through certificates of attendance, which are sent to participants after completion of workshop and assessment.
Course attendees wishing to receive AIA Continuing Education Learning Units and/or CCM Renewal Points should check in at the sign-in desk and fill out the appropriate attendance form(s) to receive credit.
For more information contact Laura Eldredge at email@example.com