EBC Breakfast Program - May 15
EBC Breakfast Program: Leadership of U.S. Army Corps of Engineers - New England District
Tuesday, May 15 at WilmerHale, 60 State St., Boston. Registration: 7:30am-8am. Program: 8AM-10AM.
For this EBC morning program the leadership of the New England District of the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers will discuss the Corps’ program management, planning, budgets, and regulatory permitting plans for significant construction, remediation, and restoration projects throughout New England. Learn about key construction and environmental programs, including upcoming Remedial Action Contracts that the Corps is working on in FY18 and beyond, including Superfund, FUDS, dredging, and restoration work.
The discussion will include:
• Administration’s Infrastructure Initiative and the USACE role in streamlining permitting and accelerating project delivery of major infrastructure projects
• Pre-construction engineering and design for the Boston Harbor deepening
- Update on construction on Muddy River, including the fate of Phase II (dredging and restoration work)
- Continued New Bedford Harbor superfund cleanup efforts and additional phases of work.
This is your opportunity to learn more about the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ plans in New England and gain a better understanding of the environmental business opportunities that will result.
Following the presentation there will be a moderated discussion focusing on issues of concern to the EBC membership.
•Colonel William Conde, District Commander, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, New England District
Administrative Infrastructure Initiative – USACE Role
- Jennifer McCarthy, Chief, Regulatory Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, New England District
- Col (Ret) Curt Thalken, P.E., Senior Vice President, Normandeau Associates, Inc.
General Continuing Education Certificates are awarded by the EBC for this program (2.5 training contact hours). Please select this option during registration if you wish to receive a certificate.