Hartford, CT The Conn. Building Congress (CBC) has named the 2019 project team award winners. These 13 projects and their teams are being recognized for building projects that exemplify project team excellence and represent the best practices in teamwork by project owners, architects, engineers, constructors, and trades.
The 2019 Project Team of the Year, selected from one of the teams below, will be named at the Awards Banquet on June 11. The 2019 CBC Project Team Award winning projects are:.
Multifamily Resi./Mixed Use:
• Merit: Victoria Gardens, Waterford
• Merit: West Shore Middle School, Milford
• First:Orchard Hill Elementary School, South Windsor
Landscape Architecture/Public Spaces:
• Merit: Bushnell Park Playground, Hartford
• First: Steven and Alexandra Cohen Skating Center and Fountain, Stamford
• Merit: McGivney Advanced Surgery Center, New Haven
• First: Housatonic Community College Lafayette Hall addition and renovations, Bridgeport
• Merit: Chapel Haven Residential/Education (REACH) Building Project, New Haven
• First:Benjamin Franklin College and Pauli Murray College, Yale University, New Haven
• Merit: CT DOT maintenance facility, Pomfret
• First: Slate School, North Haven
• Merit: Ansonia Riverwalk - Segment 8, Ansonia
• First: Rte. 31 reconstruction, Coventry.
The CBC would like to extend special thanks to this year’s judges:
• Stephanie Antl, RA, associate principal, SGPA Architecture and Planning
• Jeff Birenbaum, managing director, Lehrer Cumming
• Alfred Borden, FIALD, CLD, MIES, LC, principal,The Lighting Practice
???????• Kathleen Farewell, PE, senior project manager, Zubatkin Owner Representation, LLC
???????• Namhun Lee, Ph.D. CM-BIM, associate professor, Central Connecticut State University and
???????• Brad Palmisiano, PE, LEED AP, BD+C, mechanical department manager, McKim & Creed
Join us at the Bond Ballroom at 338 Asylum St., Hartford, as we end our program year in celebration of the PTA Award Winning Projects and Teams. The Connecticut Building Congress will honor project teams that demonstrated extraordinary collaboration in the execution of their projects. The CBC Scholarship Fund also will recognize this year’s scholarship recipients.
5:30 - 6:30 PM: Networking, Registration, Light Appetizers, and Open Bar
6:30 PM - 7:15 PM: Salad Course, CBC Business Meeting, and Scholarship Awards Ceremony
7:15 - 8:15 PM: Dinner and Project Team Awards Program
8:15 - 8:30 PM: Buffet Dessert, Extra Networking, and Closing Remarks
REGISTRATION: www.cbc-ct.org by June 3, 2019
The Connecticut Building Congress creates a forum for building professionals to connect, learn, and grow. Since 1952 CBC has been the premier organization for Connecticut’s building professionals to develop strong industry connections.