TD Bank retail project earns LEED Silver NC-Retail
October 17, 2013 - Spotlights
Positioned along West Roxbury's active Centre St. corridor, the project benefited from immediate access to transit, housing, and other local amenities. Additionally, parking capacity was minimized and bike racks were made available to all employees and customers.
Other LEED-specific features of this project included:
* Utilization of an existing, urban, in-fill site.
* Use of water efficient restroom fixtures, with an estimated water savings of 39.77%.
* Selection of landscaping materials that don't require permanent irrigation.
* Design of an energy efficient mechanical system and tight building envelope delivering an estimated 20.9% annual energy cost savings.
* Purchase of a Green-e Certified Offset for 100% of the building's modeled energy use.
* A construction waste diversion rate of 98.21%.
* Installation of low-emitting materials throughout the space.
* Implementation of a green cleaning program.
The project team is very proud to present this project to the LEED community. It's a great example of how retail construction can achieve great results and make a positive impact on communities through conservation and sustainability.
Entegra Development & Investment, LLC: LEED consultant
Elaine Construction Co.: general contractor
Bergman Associates PC: architect/MEP engineer
Bohler Engineering,Inc.: civil engineer
TD Bank N.A.: client