North Haven, CT The CCIM Connecticut Chapter will host an educational course at the New Haven Middlesex Association of Realtors on June 6-7.
The course, entitled “Foundations for Success in Commercial Real Estate,” is a two-day, case study-driven course providing agents, brokers, students, and allied professionals with an understanding of the skills, resources, and business practices that pave the way for success in commercial real estate. Attendees will learn how to analyze leases and investment value, and develop a plan to kick-start their career. Foundations for Success, is not just about how the commercial real estate business works, it is also about working the business.
After completing this highly interactive course, attendees will be able to:
• Access and use demographic information as a decision-making tool;
• Differentiate between the needs of the owners and tenants;
• Develop a personal marketing plan;
• Develop a property marketing plan;
• Utilize basic financial analysis tools;
• Solve investment problems using a financial calculator;
• Perform basic mortgage calculations using compounding and discounting techniques;
• Project income and expenses for a real estate property; and
• Calculate the yield on a potential investment.
As part of the course you will also receive the CCIM Financial Calculator, designed to effectively and efficiently provide investment scenarios for you and your clients
To register: https://www.ccim.com/education/course/foundations-for-success-in-commercial-real-estate/?gmSsoPc=1
Or: call 800-621-7027, option 2.
The cost for this course is: $295 for members, $320 for non-members.
Mark Polon, CCIM, president of Polon Consulting in Middle Haddam, Conn. will be the instructor. During his 35 years in commercial real estate, he’s had experience in office properties and appraisals. Prior to 2010, Polon was president and COO of RIISnet, a web-based transaction platform for commercial real estate. He also served at the corporate level as senior executive vice president for Prudential CRES, a national commercial real estate franchise system, and as vice president of Coldwell Banker Commercial Real Estate. Polon has been a CCIM Institute instructor since 1989. He was recognized CI 101 Instructor of the Year by CCIM faculty in 1998 and 2005.