Darien, CT Federal Realty Investment Trust have had five retailers sign leases at the newly completed Darien Commons, with the majority of ground floor retail spaces now leased. Overall, the development includes 75,000 s/f of new retail space along with 122 luxury apartments, which are 95% leased.
Newly signed tenants coming to Darien Commons:
• Bareburger (2,474 s/f) - all-natural sustainable burgers, greens and more.
• Cosmo’s Bagels & Café (1,557 s/f) - first location for this locally owned café serving bagels, breakfast, coffee, burgers and more!
• La Source (1,609 s/f) - first location offering an array of crafted bodywear for women.
• Sparklicious (1,531 s/f) - first Conn. location for this craft, fun, parties and sparkle destination.
• Zen Cha Matcha (1,197 s/f) - first location for this new café featuring a fusion of matcha and adaptogenic elixirs.
Recently opened tenants include retail, beauty, wellness and specialty food: Gregorys, Hammer & Nails, Salt + Sweat and Sur La Table. Italian eatery Molto is slated to open within a month.
Visitors will also get to experience “Currents”, a new art installation from local artist Ioana Barac of Atelier Cue and Bloomerstudio.
“Currents” is inspired by the flow of swimming fish and the glow of the sky filtered through the water. The sculpture, facing Heights Rd., is a celebration of marine life and movement. “I would like to dedicate this installation to the memory of our son, Victor Ioanid Moraru, a student of marine biology for whom the ocean was a living being” said Ioana Barac.
Darien Commons provides access to I-95 is near the Metro-North rail line to New York City. On-site surface parking makes the retail offerings accessible and shopping more convenient. Darien Commons also features a brand-new 12,000 s/f Walgreens and a recently renovated Equinox fitness club.
“The reception to Darien Commons from residents, business owners and the community has been very positive,” said Patrick McMahon, senior vice president regional development for Federal Realty. “We look forward to welcoming these new concepts and creating a terrific experience for our neighbors and visitors.”
To celebrate the new Darien Commons development, area residents are invited to a family, fun event on October 22, from noon - 4 p.m. with free activities including face-painting, music, giveaways and retailer showcases.