Boston, MA SMPS Boston, a volunteer organization for marketing professionals in the architecture, engineering and construction (A/E/C) industries, has named its new board of directors for the upcoming program year. The new board includes twelve members of SMPS Boston, all of whom represent and help the organization in meeting its vision, Business Transformed Through Marketing Leadership. The board has dedicated this program year to the theme, “Our Mission. Your Future.” Despite the restrictions and the challenges COVID-19 has presented, the coming year will be focused on delivering innovative educational and networking opportunities that will support career and business goals.
The 2020-2021 Board of Directors is represented by the following A/E/C marketing and business development professionals:
• President: Lisa Frisbie; director of business development and marketing at AGC MA;
• President-Elect: Andrew Beaton; principal and manager, marketing and communications at CDM Smith;
• Immediate Past President: Suzanne King, CPSM; marketing manager at Mass. Electric Construction;
• Treasurer: Kirsten Papagni, CPSM; director of marketing at Columbia Construction Co.;
• Director of Operations: Hilary Nieukirk, CPSM; marketing manager at Shawmut Design and Construction;
• Director of Communications: Sabrina Bauer; senior marketing specialist at VHB;
• Director of Membership: Jessica Harris; business development manager at C.E. Floyd Co.;
• Director of Professional Development: Kelly Auld; marketing and communications manager at DBVW Architects;
• Director of Programs: Sarah Shields Duval; architectural account representative at Daltile & Stone;
• Director of Outreach: Marsha Miller, Assoc. AIA; director, client relations & corporate marketing at Vanderweil Engineers;
• Director of Special Events: Britt-Anya Bursell; marketing manager at HMMH; and
• Director of CPSM Certification: PJ Roscoe, CPSM.
Through relevant educational programs, members and their organizations will be armed to navigate the current climate successfully. As the A/E/C industry is forced to be driven by innovation in 2020 and beyond, marketing must be embraced, developed and valued more than ever.
SMPS Boston is one of the largest and most active chapters in the Society for Marketing Professional Services. This year marks the chapter’s 39th year. The organization has over 25 programs to unveil in the upcoming year and special events to celebrate its members.