Quonset Business Park: Our connections propel your success - by Steven King of Quonset Development Corp.
February 26, 2015 - Spotlights
* World Class Infrastructure: Since 2005 we have invested close to $86 million to upgrade the infrastructure of the Park. That includes everything from the roads, rail, piers, and water system, to tearing down over 2.4 million s/f of derelict and unusable building space.
* The Quonset Zone: A single zoning district assigned to the park as part of an agreement with the host community of North Kingstown for uniform development regulations. The one-stop process means that all development and re-development projects in the park can proceed more efficiently and in a timely manner.
* 90 Day Development: The QDC has completed all the engineering that a developer would have to conduct as part of "due diligence" in order to get a project underway. Further, the QDC has secured all the baseline permits from various state agencies that a new business would be required to secure. In essence, shovels can be in the ground within 90 days of a new tenant signing their lease.
* Optimal Sized Parcels: Today there are more than 35 parcels pre-engineered and pre-permitted across 265 acres, and they are ready for development for new companies looking to establish themselves at the park. The parcels range in size from 2 to 64 acres, creating an optimal space for any size business.
* Lease Incentive Plans: There are multiple lease incentives offered - the longer a tenant agrees to keep their business at the Park, the larger the discount available to them. Another incentive provides a discount to land lease tenants that is equal to 0.5% of their annual wages.
* It's Easy To Get Here: Quonset Business Park offers direct access to RI Route 4 and Interstate 95 from the new four lane highway, Route 403. It also offers easy access to three major airports; a commuter line to Boston within 10 minute drive; Amtrak access within 25 minutes; and local bus service from the Rhode Island Public Transit Authority's (RIPTA) to the Quonset Gateway District - 33 times each day. The Park also includes freight rail access to Class 1 carriers and corporate aviation facilities onsite.
These are just some of the top reasons we believe many companies might need to come to Quonset. There are still many, many more, including our beaches, golf course, on-site retail, and other amenities. To learn more, check out www.Quonset.com. We hope to hear from you soon!
Steven King, PE, is the managing director of the Quonset Development Corp., North Kingstown, R.I.