Boston, MA According to WiredScore, TH Real Estate, an affiliate of Nuveen (the investment management arm of TIAA), has achieved Wired Certification for its 16-building office portfolio in the New York City and Boston areas. This achievement totals 5.377 million s/f of Wired Certified commercial space in two competitive markets. TH Real Estate’s 16 newly certified properties were evaluated on their superior connectivity, technological infrastructure, and capacity to adopt emerging technologies.
“Wired Certification helped us benchmark many of our New York and Boston properties which ensures that we provide unsurpassed connectivity that serves our tenants and keeps our properties competitive and relevant in the market,” said Kevin Smith, senior director, TH Real Estate.
“Owners and investors are increasingly recognizing the value in displaying their buildings’ technological superiority, and TH Real Estate has done so throughout a significant portion of its portfolio,” said Arie Barendrect, CEO and founder of WiredScore.
In pursuing Wired Certification, each building was subjected to a scrupulous certification process conducted by a team of leading technicians.
Upon completion of an on-site audit that evaluates a building’s number of available Internet service providers, infrastructure redundancy, connection access points, and readiness to improve connectivity, a Wired Certification level is assigned based on the official standards developed by WiredScore and its advisory committee.
• 33-41 Farnsworth St., a 98,600 s/f property, which is currently the temporary home to General Electric while its new building is being developed, has achieved Wired Certified Gold
• 34 Farnsworth St., a 24,378 s/f property, has been recognized with a Wired Certified Silver designation
• 44 Farnsworth St., a 93,824 s/f property that the majority is occupied by John Snow, Inc., a public health consulting firm, has achieved WiredScore’s highest designation, Wired Certified Platinum
• 263 Summer St., 64,204 s/f property, has achieved Wired Certified Platinum
• 332 Congress St., a 30,833 s/f property, has achieved Wired Certified Gold
• 374 Congress St., a 96,236 s/f property, has achieved Wired Certified Gold
• One Boston Place, a 804,444 s/f property, has achieved Wired Certified Platinum
• 33 Arch St., a LEED Gold and Energy Star certified building that also has been recognized by BOMA as The Outstanding Building of the Year (TOBY), has achieved Wired Certified Platinum
• 501 Boylston St., a previous BOMA 360 and TOBY winner, has added Wired Certified Gold designation to its Energy Star certification
• 99 High St., a 731,204 s/f property, recently underwent renovations leading to LEED Gold and Energy Star certification, in addition to achieving Wired Certified Gold
• 51 Sleeper St., a 150,363 s/f property, has been Wired Certified.