Schindler Elevator introduces Schindler 5500 MRL traction elevator
May 01, 2015 - Owners Developers & Managers
Schindler's innovative PORT Technology destination* dispatching system is available as an option to enhance movement through the building. PORT Technology can combine personalized access with faster travel times by grouping passengers with similar destinations, and has traditionally been applied to buildings with higher rises.
Schindler 5500 comes standard with a large array of design choices and flexibility in hoistway configurations, delivering freedom of design to architects. An expansive selection of colors, materials, lighting, mirrors, handrails and fixtures permit the designer to create a unique elevator experience. Among these many choices are standard options including a full glass cab with glass doors and wall panels and integrated LED lighting. For a deeper look at the design options available, see the Schindler 5500 Design Brochure.
With a lightweight, durable and flexible suspension traction media (STM) replacing conventional steel ropes, the elevator delivers a smooth ride, free of vibrationsâ€”all while saving energy, emitting minimal heat and running quietly. Schindler's STM requires a much smaller sheave, meaning the system saves space and energy by using a smaller motor.
Eliminating the machine room also saves valuable building space and shortens installation time. The highly adaptable system arrives at the building site in shipping modules optimized to ensure on-time delivery and efficient installation.
With high performance comes greater sustainability. Sustainable features in the Schindler 5500 include:
* Power Factor 1 regenerative drives that use 30% less energy while producing energy that is returnable to a
* LED lighting that lasts 20 times longer than standard light bulbs & consume less energy;
* New drive and traction configuration weighs up to 50% less than its predecessor, using less oil;
* 30-40% greater efficiency over standard systems with PORT Technology; and
* All materials are made with highly-recyclable components.
"The Schindler 5500 was meticulously engineered to bring best-in-class ride quality and performance features from the custom high-rise market in an MRL package for mid-rise buildings," said Greg Ergenbright, president of Schindler. "This gives architects and building owners in the mid-rise space the same unmatched design flexibility, performance and energy efficiency solutions our high-rise customers have come to expect."
Additional information can be found on the Schindler 5500 website.
Schindler 5500 Facts:
Built to cover different market applications such as residential, commercial and public transportation, the Schindler 5500 is fully capable of meeting the needs of various building types.
* Available in multiple configurations: truly machine room-less, control closet or machine room above
* Car height up to 10'
* Capacity of 2,100 - 5,000 pounds
* Travel height up to 350' (33 stops, 45 openings)
* Door width up to 4' 6"
* Door height up to 9'
* Lightweight and energy efficient STM technology
* Power Factor 1 regenerative drive
* Speed from 200 to 500 feet per minute
* Up to 6 car groups
* Can be equipped with Schindler Remote Monitoring to provide real-time data 24/7, helping to prevent service disruptions and return equipment to service faster.
Schindler Elevator Corp. is the North American operation of the Switzerland-based Schindler Group, a leading global mobility provider with 54,000 employees operating in more than 100 countries. Schindler supports sustainable urban development with safe, reliable and ecologically sound mobility solutions and its equipment moves one billion people every day all over the world.