The Boston Preservation Alliance is seeking nominations for the 2012 Preservation Achievement Awards. The Awards program honors outstanding preservation-related projects in Boston, as well as individuals and organizations that have contributed significantly to the city's historic built environment.
To be eligible for a 2012 Preservation Achievement Awards, projects and activities must have been completed within the 2011 calendar year. Nominations are limited to Boston's neighborhoods and downtown area.
Achievement Award winners will be honored at the Alliance's 2012 Awards celebration to be held in October. Nominations must be received by Friday, April 27.
Suggested award nomination categories are as follows:
* Notable new construction in harmony with Boston's built environment.
* Significant renovation/restoration preserving Boston's architectural or cultural heritage.
* Significant public art contributing to Boston's urban fabric.
* Notable examples of parks, landscapes, and natural areas that are new or have been preserved or restored.
* Significant lighting and design in the harmony with Boston's built environment.
* Significant neighborhood preservation efforts.
The nomination form, instructions, and previous winners can be found at: www.bostonpreservation.org/programs/preservation-achievement-awards.html