Boston, MA According to Margulies Perruzzi (MP) the project team for PTC’s new global headquarters has been recognized as a gold-level winner of the Building Design + Construction (BD+C) Magazine 2019 Building Team Awards. The project team, led by Margulies Perruzzi, Cresa, and Gilbane Building Company, completed the interior fit-out of a new 250,000 s/f global headquarters at 121 Seaport Blvd. for PTC.
The design and construction team for PTC’s new headquarters includes:
• Margulies Perruzzi: Architecture and interior design
• Gilbane Building Company: Construction manager
• Cresa: Owner’s project manager, site selection, lease negotiation, transaction management, and workplace strategy
• BALA Consulting Engineers: Mechanical, electrical, plumbing, fire protection, IT, and security design; core and shell engineer for 121 Seaport
• McNamara · Salvia: Structural design
• Sladen Feinstein Integrated Lighting: Lighting design
• Communications Design Associates, Inc. (CDA): Audiovisual system design
• Amaze Design: Design consultant for corporate experience center
• 96pt.: Branding/graphics
• Acentech: Acoustics
• CRJA/IBI Group: Landscape design of PTC’s rooftop terrace
• Fitzmeyer & Tocci Associates Inc.: Commissioning
• AKF Group: Code consulting
• Collective Wisdom Corp.: Specifications
• Campbell-McCabe: Hardware specifications
• Entegra Development and Investment, LLC: LEED consulting
• Simpson Gumpertz & Heger (SGH): Building Envelope.
The annual BD+C Building Team Awards recognize newly built projects that best exemplify the collaboration between owner, architect, engineer, and contractor to produce buildings that exhibit architectural and construction excellence. Submissions are judged based on the quality and excellence of the design, engineering, and construction as well as how the full project team and client worked together to overcome challenges that resulted in the success of the project. PTC’s global headquarters was one of only five Gold winners, and one of 14 projects, to be honored with a Building Team Award this year.
“We believe a successful design is one that not only satisfies a company’s space needs, but also creates experiences that change the way work is done. The design of PTC’s new headquarters is truly transformational in every way,” said Janet Morra, AIA, LEED AP, principal and partner at Margulies Perruzzi. “We are proud to have our efforts recognized with this BD+C Building Team Award.”
A BD+C award judge noted that “specificity to place and function is highly important and reflected in this project, and the inclusion of emerging sensor technology and analytics is a unique way to connect form and function. The space reflects the client, and the resulting quality reflects the integrated team approach.” Another judge asserted that “this office fit-out includes the most original designs among the submissions judged.”
PTC’s new technology-rich headquarters is a key part of the company’s business transformation, enhancing PTC’s profile and serving as a premier destination for PTC’s customers, and partners to experience PTC’s technology.
photo credit Warren Patterson Photography